MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING I
INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this course is to provide students some methods for creating specimens
exactly using casting, metal forming and welding processes. These processes are noncutting
Manufacturing Engineering I” provides some knowledges as follow:
- Sand casting
- Exact casting processes: shell casting, die casting, centrifugal casting etc.
- Sheet metal forming processes
- Buld metal forming processes
- Arc welding
- Laser welding, plasma welding, ultrasonic welding etc
CONTENT AND METHOD
Able to analyze the basic of sand casting process
- Understand the principle of sand casting
- Analyze the materials and preparation methods
- Analyze casting design, specimen, core etc.
- Understand the casting applications
- Understand the principle of the facilities for heating materials
Able to analyze the basic of each special casting method
- Understand the principle of each casting method
- Analyze the basic of each casting method
- Determine the application of each casting method
Able to analyze the background of metal formings
- Understand the principles of some metal forming
- Analyze the effects of heat and the level of deforming to the metal structure and mechanical properties after forming
- Analyze the background of sheet metal forming methods: deep drawing, spinning, bending, piercing, blanking, slitting etc.
- Analyze the background of bulk metal forming methods: rolling, drawing, extrusion, forging, upsetting etc.
- Determine the effects of friction and lubricant in metal forming
Able to analyze the arc welding, laser welding, plasma welding, ultrasonic welding
- Understand the principle of each welding method
- Distinguish the arc welding to other methods
- Analyze the properties of power generator, welding materials, protecting gas and facilities
Improve teamwork, communication and presentation skills
- Identify the importance of teamwork
- Identify the growth stages of a team
- Improve communication and presentation skills
- Improve teamwork skills
Understand more terminology terms (in English) of thermodynamics.
- Identify the importance of English in engineering
- Expand English vocabulary and terminology terms of thermodynamics
TEXTBOOKS AND REFERENCE
Sách, giáo trình chính
1. Serope Kalpakjian, Manufacturing engineering and technology, Prentice Hall, 2014
Sách tham khảo
2. Nguyễn Tiến Đào, Kỹ thuật tạo phôi, ĐH Bách Khoa Hà Nội, 2002.
3. Mikell P. Groover, Fundamentals of modern manufacturing, Wiley, 2012.
4. A.Y.C. Nee, Handbook of manufacturing engineering and technology, Springer, 2015
5. J. T. Black, Materials and processes in manufacturing, Wiley, 2011
- Morning 8:30 – 11:30 (break 15 mins)
- Afternoon 13:30 – 16:30 (break 15 mins)
Lecturers from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam National University